- Basecamp/Project Managing Software
- Live Events/Live Streaming
- Seo/Sem Standard
- Mobile, Tablet, PC and Apple platforms.
- Ad Tech/Ad Operations
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Acrobat)
- Video (Final Cut Pro, Imovie, QuickTime)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, MoveableType)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Who i am
Interactive designer, Producer and Marketing professional
Danny Shaw is an interactive designer, producer and marketing professional based in New York City. As the senior marketing manager for digital executions at Essence Communications, Inc., he spearheads various projects and initiatives, which include creating and managing apps and mobile sites, planning and executing marketing campaigns, overseeing web development, and producing and setting up programming for live streaming. In addition to running his own business, 5line Designs, LLC (5linedesigns.com), he serves as an adjunct professor teaching advertising design and communication at his alma mater, CUNY New York City of Technology. Shaw, who received a bachelor’s degree in communication design, is also a skilled fine artist with an associate in applied science degree in illustration from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- M.S. in Business Management and Leadership – City University of New York – May 2017
- B.A. in Communication Design– New York City College of Technology – May 2009
- A.A.S. in Fashion and General Illustration. – Fashion Institute of Technology – May 2004
- PMP – License Number: 1775426 – December 2014
- Digital Media Marketing – New York University, New York – May 2011
• In this course I focus on taking students out of the classroom and into the ad agency, design firm, and global collaborative landscape. Students explore the dialogue between the product/service and the intended target. This course exposes students to the creative partnership between art director/designer and copywriter. Students learn to develop multi-channel solutions to client problems, and their own point of view. The professional approach is stressed, from rough visualization through computer comps and presentation.
Sr. Marketing Manager of Digital Executions
• Conceptualize revenue-generating ideas, then translating ideas into concise, persuasive written sales materials.
• Responsible for the fulfillment and execution of sold concepts, including digital campaigns, native content and promotions.
• Contribute to client and agency meetings, sales calls, and internal brainstorm sessions to articulate creative concepts.
• Collaborate with the business units to develop and implement CRM strategies to grow core customers and fans through various channels.
• Work with a team of sales reps, marketers, designers and programmers to develop cross-media ideas to meet client objectives.
Interactive Producer/Designer (Freelance)
• Advise and work with clients on design, creative and technical considerations for web/mobile sites, apps, digital advertising campaigns and live events.
• Clients include: ESSENCE, People en Español, FOX, Actress Tika Sumpter, Jay-Z’s Life and Times Channel, Iconic TV, Uno Dos Tres Channel, Mark Stephen Testa and Joel Godard voice talent.
Digital Marketing Manager (Freelance)
• Advised and worked with clients on design, creative and technical considerations for websites, apps, and advertising campaigns.
• Responsible for managing all phases of interactive programs from pitch through launch.
• Managed complex websites and CMS systems from an editing, production and delivery standpoint.
• Monitored internal and external counterparts on everything digital including complex technologies and platforms.
• Created and maintained project plans while keeping projects on track through clear task lists and status reports.
• Worked across the creative, design, and production teams to ensure proper and full implementation of the project plan.
Digital Sales Producer
• Managed the collaboration of various departments to ensure proper program execution for all digital platforms.
• Managed the design and production of all custom integrated advertising campaigns from concept to post-production for three websites.
• Produced websites and promotions that include user generated content, custom videos, sweepstakes, blogger integration and social media.
• Worked with General Manager, Integrated Marketing Managers and Creative Director to ensure Sales interests are represented in development features for the site.
Associate Manager, Design and Production
• Developed, built and executed digital content strategy across a diverse range of platforms.
• Analyzed and developed digital strategies for mobile and tablet devices.
• Worked with editors and agencies to develop digital content including articles, apps, and micro-sites.
• Researched industry trends and identifying new partners and devices.
Web Production Designer
• Designed the online creative for marketing packages, advertising campaigns, special events, sweepstakes, newsletter blast and micro-sites projects.
• Managed the development, coordination and completion of integrated marketing projects.
• Provided art direction to a team of freelance designers.
• Handled video editing duties as needed.
Toni Ann Demonte – General Manager, Digital
" I've had the pleasure of working with Danny Shaw on a daily basis. Danny is a true teamplayer who performs well under pressure and works tirelessly towards the development and success of our brand. In addition to being an amazing producer and designer, Danny manages to balance both business needs and client demands efficiently and with a smile on his face. Danny is one of the hardest working people in Digital and I am fortunate to witness his talent every day. A true asset to any team! "Via LinkedIn
Kendell Burton – Creative
" Danny was a pleasure to work with. We worked on a website for a major company and he managed the entire project. Everything from client facing problems to design issues were handled with absolute professionalism. No task was too big for him to address while always making sure we meet deadlines. "Via Linkedin
Rhonda Joy McLean – Deputy General Counsel at Time Inc.
" Danny is a seasoned professional who brings creativity, maturity, intellience and thoughtfulness to each project he manages. It is a pleasure to work with him, from the initial concepts of a digital promotional campaign all the way through to the finished product, often multi-platform and complex but always very, very well executed. "Via LinkedIn